CERTIFICATE OF WARRANTY
Durian Products are designed and built to high industry standards and are warranted pursuant to the terms of this document. Subject to the exclusions and other terms and conditions in this document, Durian warrants to the original purchaser of the door slab and to the original owner of the residential home where the door was installed that the door slabs will be free from defects in material or workmanship from the original date of invoice by Durian until the time periods outlined below:
|Frame with wood||5 Years|
|100% Engineered Frame without Wood||10 Years|
|Door With Tubular Board Filler||10 Years|
|Door With Pine Wood Filler||5 Years|
Durian Prefinished Door & Frame:
Subject to the warranty exclusions listed below, Durian warrants its factory applied finishes (paints and stains) against peeling, checking or cracking for one year from the date of Shipment to the original purchaser. Primer coats are not considered a finish and are not warranted nor are any finishes warranted that are applied by other parties. Durian does not warrant that any particular finish will adhere to its primer coat.
THIS WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE.
- No liability whatsoever shall attach until the door(s) involved have been paid for in full.
- Improper installation, storage, care, handling or finishing including, without limitation, a failure to follow the instructions set forth below or as posted on Durian’s website from time to time
- Natural variation in colour, grain and or texture of woods are not defect.
- Failure to properly maintain the door such as by using harsh chemicals on the surface.
- Damage caused by sunlight, or extremes of heat and/or humidity.
- Doors that are stored or installed in buildings that have wet plaster or cement or where HVAC systems are not operating and balanced. (recommended conditions 25%-55%RH and 50°f to 90°f [10°C – 40°C])
- Any damage to a door installed in any exterior application.
- Any issue due to improper alteration of the door by other parties (Such as hinge preparation or lock bores).
- Damage caused by exposure to acid, chemicals or fumes.
- Locksets, hardware or other components of a door system that are not provided by Durian. However, warranty for their product is as per policy of the third party and terms & conditions of the third party is applicable.
- Any finishes not factory applied by Durian (primer coating is not a finish).
- Variations in colour or texture in any pre-finish coating.
- Normal wear and tear or natural weathering of surfaces.
- Problems resulting from misuse and or abuse.
- Slight expansion or contraction of door panels, jambs and slabs due to varying environmental conditions changes is considered normal and not a defect.
- Structural integrity issues caused by improper installation of hardware or improper sizing of door slab.
- Damage or poor product performance resulting from the installation of product in a condition that exceeds product design standard or certified specs and or does not conform to applicable building standards.
- Any alteration to a fire or other rated door is not permitted unless expressly authorized by ISI standards, without limitation, any trimming or machining.
- Any permitted machining, other than function holes, has to be performed “under label service” which means by a person licensed by the rating agency and the construction of the door slab must expressly allow for the machinability.
- Any warp, size or telegraphing within the tolerances specified below.
- Any Damage caused by termites/borers.
- Size: Width, height and Thickness +/- 1.5875MM.
- Squareness: +/- 3.175MM measured corner to corner across the diagonal plane.
- Warp: No more than 6.35MM of warp as measured across the plane of the door in a section no greater than 1097.28MM x 2133.6MM in a 45MM or 914.4MM x 2133.6MM in a 35MM door. For doors that are larger than 1097.28MM x 2133.6MM but no greater than 2438.4 in height and 1219.2MM in width, the warp shall not exceed 6.35MM in a 914.4MM by 2133.6MM section.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR NON-RATED DOORS:
The instructions below are highlights of some of the instructions for door installation. Other installation may accompany the doors or be posted on Durian's website and should also be followed:
- Do not impair the structural strength of the door during installation, the application of hardware, or the cutting of the door for lights, louvers, panels, or any other details.
- In fitting for width trim equally from both sides, the maximum on each side is 3.175MM for 6.35MM overall trim. If the door has already been machined then trim from the hinge side and re-machine the hinge pockets.
- In fitting for height do not trim the top of the door. Do not trim more than 6.35MM off the bottom of the door unless accommodated by additional blocking.
- Durian suggests using two hinges on doors up to 1524MM in height, three hinges on doors up to 2286MM in height and 4 hinges up to a maximum of 3048MM in height. Thread-to-head wood screws are recommended for fastening all hardware. Pilot holes are strongly recommended prior to inserting screws to avoid splitting.
Interior Door Warranty
STORAGE, CARE AND HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
The instructions below are highlights for storage, care and handling instructions pertaining Durian Doors and Door Frames. Other instructions may accompany the doors or be posted on Durian's website and should also be followed:
- When Doors are received they must be inspected immediately for quality, including correct size, machining, species of veneer and finish.
- Buildings where humidity and temperature are controlled provide the best storage facilities (recommended conditions 25%-55%RH and 50°f to 90°f [10°C – 32°C]) Ensure Durian doors are stored in these conditions to prevent any damage to the product.
- Warping and oil-canning may occur, depending on the season and relative humidity, until the doors become conditioned to the humidity and temperature of the building.
- Deliver doors to the site after plaster, drywall or cement is dry to avoid excess moisture.
- Keep the doors away from direct sunlight and sources of extreme heat, cold or humidity.
- When storing door slabs, keep the doors stacked horizontal and fully supported on a level surface, do not lean the doors vertically against a wall or other structure. When stacking doors, keep the top door covered at all times with a cover sheet, plywood or cardboard.
- Durian ships certain doors with spacers between the doors. In order to prevent door distortion it is required that the packaging spacers remain until the door is hung. Kindly check before installation.
If you detect a warranty issue, please promptly notify the person or company from whom you purchased the door or the home where the door was installed and provide the following information:
- Description of the door and a photo of the defect;
- Name and Address of the location of the door and, if installed, the builder and/or the installer;
- Proof of Sale if you bought the door and, if not, the date you purchased the home or date it was installed;
- Detailed explanation of the defect; and
- Statement that the defect was not caused by any of the exceptions listed below.
- Durian may defer action on any claims for warping for a period of up to 12 months from the date of the claim to allow the door slab to adjust to local humidity and temperature conditions. This often remedies the issue.
REMEDY AND LIABILITY LIMITATION:
If a warranty issue is detected during the applicable warranty term, Durian, in its sole discretion, will repair the door or provide a replacement door. The remaining warranty term for any replaced or repaired door will run from the date of the original door warranty. Durian will not be liable for any labour, rehanging charges, painting/staining, any consequential damages or other costs under this warranty.
DURIAN MAXIMUM LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID TO DURIAN. DURIAN IS NOT OBLIGATED AND THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE COSTS OF LABOUR, INSTALLATION OR FINISHING FOR ANY REPLACEMENT DOOR. THIS IS THE SOLE WARRANTY GRANTED TO ANY PARTY AND THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES GRANTED, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY.
MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL DURIAN BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Buyers rights may vary based on the laws in your state or province. If your state or province does not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, the length of any implied warranty shall be one year or the shortest time in excess of one year permitted under the applicable law. Similarly, if your state or province does not allow the exclusion of consequential, incidental or special damages, this limitation will not apply.
In case any dispute, claim or difference arises between the parties; both the parties shall make efforts to resolve the same mutually with in a period of fifteen days. If it is not possible to resolve the dispute mutually then such dispute, claim or differences shall be settled by arbitration. Durian is solely authorised to appoint arbitrator and dispute, claim or differences shall be referred to sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of arbitration of the Arbitration and Reconciliation Act of 1996 and award in pursuance thereof shall be final and binding between the Parties. The language of arbitration shall be English and the place of arbitration shall be Mumbai.