Our furniture is a vital part of our home. It makes or brakes the whole look of the space or gives it its distinct identity. We must take proper care of our furniture to extend its lifespan and keep it looking good for longer. Especially our seatings such as sofa sets, reclining chairs, lounge chairs, benches, etc.
Here are some effective seating care tips based on their upholstery:
- Regularly dust and vacuum the surface of the leather sofas to remove any debris or dirt. Use a soft brush nozzle to avoid scratching the surface.
- Avoid placing leather seating in direct sunlight or near heat sources as this can cause cracking or fading.
- Use a leather conditioner to keep the leather soft and supple. Apply it twice or thrice a year or as directed by the manufacturer.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners and contact with sharp objects such as keys or clips.
- Immediately wipe up any spills or stains with a clean cloth. Do not let the spills sit on the leather surface for too long.
- Leather is a material that changes with time and adapts to the environment and the seating habits of the occupant. It adds to its charm. But it is important to take proper care of it to prevent any damage.
- Vacuum the surface of the fabric sofas regularly to remove any dirt or debris.
- Clean coordinated seatings at the same time to avoid any visible colour difference.
- Spot clean any spills or stains immediately with a clean cloth. Do not rub the fabric vigorously as it can cause damage, such as fading or pilling, and affect its durability.
- Use a fabric protector spray to prevent stains and spills from setting in. Reapply the spray according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Rotate and flip the cushions regularly to prevent uneven wear and tear.
- Fluff the cushions regularly to maintain their shape.
- Dust the surface of the wooden seating regularly with a soft cloth to remove dust. Make sure you wipe in the grain direction to avoid distorting its natural pattern.
- Use a wood cleaner to remove any stains or spots following the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- Avoid placing wooden seating in direct sunlight or near heat sources as this can cause warping or cracking.
- Use coasters and placemats to prevent scratches and stains on the surface.
- Wood is naturally prone to movements such as bending and warping, caused by changes in temperature and humidity. Avoid keeping your wooden furniture in damp environments.
Browse through a wide array of family-friendly and easy-to-maintain home and office seating on Durian Furniture. At Durian Furniture, every piece of furniture goes through stringent quality testing to ensure that only the best quality furniture reaches our customers.
Following a regular cleaning routine can ensure that your seating furniture stays in good condition for years to come and provides you with the utmost comfort.