Leatherette sofas contain the best of upholstered sofas and leather sofas. Yet, leatherette is an under-explored option.
Primarily because people find upholstered cheaper and leather luxurious.
This blog brings to you the information that will help you choose the best leatherette sofa.
By showing you that there’s more to leatherette than is commonly known.
Let’s turn to the parameters first. You need to know about these 7 things regarding leatherette sofas:
- Ergonomic design
- Leatherette as a material
- Other materials
- Stitching technology
Let’s go through each one.
- Ergonomic Design in a Leatherette Sofa
An ergonomically designed sofa includes various features like:
- Designed for safety & comfort
- Pocket spring
- Designed for Soundless movement
2. Leatherette as a Material
The most visible part of a sofa is its surface. If you examine it closely in premium leatherette sofas, you would notice the exceptional quality of the leatherette.
- Stain & Fade Resistant
- Easy to Maintain
- Ideal for Families with Kids and pets as it is durable
- Antimicrobial upholstery
3. Upholstery in a Leatherette Sofa
Generally, you can have 18+ options to customize:
4. Other Materials in a Leatherette Sofa
A good leatherette sofa is made of premium quality plywood.
German beech wood is a good material too because it is:
- Termite & borer proof
- Moisture tested
5. Foam in a Leatherette Sofa
Premium leatherette sofas have a foam quite unlike that of local products. This foam is:
- Virgin foam (not reused or recycled)
- Anti-sag foam
- Bouncy, salient foam
5. Testing a Leatherette Sofa Undergoes
Good quality sofas are tested in various ways:
- Drop tests
- .Tests for impact & weight
- Heavy impact testing of foam
- Tests for exposure to humidity & extreme temperature
6. Stitching Technology Visible in a Leatherette Sofa
Durable sofas have stitches of superior quality displaying:
- Strong lines
- Non-tear tech
- Double stitching
We hope this information helps you browse through options and make an informed decision.
We’d like to know what you have to say about your experience regarding sofas. Do you own a leatherette one?