The pandemic has made us all health-conscious. We are all getting aware of maintaining our health. Apart from exercising and following a balanced diet, there’s something more that’s essential for a healthy body. That is a good night’s sleep.
One of the crucial factors determining good sleep is a good bed. Be it the material used in its construction or the mattress that goes along with it, everything makes a difference.
There are various points you should keep in mind in order to choose the perfect bed for your home. They are,
- Type of Bed
- The material used in Construction
- Size of Bed
- Style of Bedroom
- Quality Measures
Let’s look at each of these points in detail.
1. Type of Bed
There are two types of beds:
- Day beds
- Sofa cum beds
Depending on your usage and need, you could pick any of them.
- A Day bed is an elongated, low lying bed that doubles up as a sofa.
- A Sofa cum bed is made for compact homes, wherein the bed can be pulled out at night to accommodate the guests.
2. Material used in Construction
There are two types of materials used in the making of beds, they are:
- Internal Material
- Exterior Material
i. Internal Material includes the following:
- Solid Wood: It’s the purest form of wood with higher sustainability and greater appeal compared to processed wood.
- Plywood: It’s a strong and bendable wood type made from alternating wooden blocks and compressing it into plywood sheets.
c. Engineered Wood: Having a smooth and even surface, the engineered wood, is made of wood fiber and sawdust. MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard) and particle board come under this variant.
d. Upholstered Beds: The headboard is made of plush looking upholstery
ii. The external material is used to give a rich and finished look.
- Solid wood is treated with UV Polish, PU Polish
- Plywood is treated with veneer or laminate
- MDF is treated with veneer, laminate, or pre-polished paper
3. Size of Bed
Beds are available in King/Queen size or Single Beds. They can be bought in any combination as per space available
Image Source: https://www.durian.in/product/nicholas-5
4. Style of Bedroom
The bed you buy depends on the style of the bedrooms.
- Modern & Minimalistic
- Vintage or Imperial
Functionality in beds is provided in the various styles and types of storage. The different types of storages include:
- Manual: A manual top sheet to pull up the wooden sheet revealing the storage.
- Hydraulic: Hydraulics power the top sheet of the bed to push the sheet up with a slight pull revealing the storage.
iii. Pullouts: Pullout drawers are added to the beds either in Front or at the side.
6. Quality Measures
Most beds from reputed brands come with a warranty of 5 years ensuring a hassle-free experience.
These beds undergo stringent testing to check for bloating, tensile strength, stress, and load capacity.
Once you check for all the above factors, you would be able to pick the perfect bed for your home. If you need any assistance with choosing the right bed, visit a Durian store near you or feel free to contact us.